Babbling Loon

Friday, October 17, 2014

An Accidental Haul



It was the typical situation: "Oh, let me pop into Sephora and get that one thing I need." Then I get to the register with six things in my basket.  Wait, how did those get there?!  And when did I get a basket...?

So, I thought I would share my accidental haul with you all.

Marc Jacobs Twinkle Pop Eyestick (On the Verge)- To be fair, I have been eyeing these little beauties for a while.  This is a cream-like eyeshadow that comes in a stick form.  I love that it's a twist-up so I don't have to worry about sharpening it.  All of them are stunning with amazing pigmentation.  The one I chose is described as a "iced grape shimmer."  It's a lovely shade, perfect for those who want an Autumnal eye look but are a little apprehensive about super dark shades.

Urban Decay Flushed Palette (Naked)- It is impossible for me to go in Sephora and not walk out with something from Urban Decay.  This brand is so solid and I've never gotten anything from them I didn't like.  This palette did not disappoint!  I have a hard time with bronzers because of my skin tone.  I'm not super pale and I'm definitely not dark enough to be considered medium.  This bronzer does a great job with warming up my complexion without making me look like a dirty Oompa Loompa.  The blush and highlight shades are also stunning.

NARS Audacious Lipstick (Raquel)- I was in the checkout line (so close...) and remembered Fleur de Force saying she had just picked these up.  So, Fleur, if you ever read this I'm blaming this purchase on you.  Not gonna lie, part of me picked this shade because it was as close to "Rachel" as I was going to get.  Despite vanity being part of why I picked this shade, it is a beautiful color.  It's a pinky beige with a satin finish.  It also gets major bonus points for not drying my lips out.  

Benefit It's Potent! Eyecream- This was the reason I was in Sephora.  I had a sample of it a few months ago and loved it.  I had other eye creams I needed to use up first, so I held off on getting it.  I use this at night and I have started to notice a reduction in fine lines and dark circles.  Nothing major yet, but progress is always good!

Marc Jacobs O!Mega Lash Volumizing Mascara- This was my 100 Point Perk for the day.  I've never tried any mascaras from Marc Jacobs and I'm very impressed with this so far.  It gives wonderful separation to my lashes as well as great volume and length.  The best part: It doesn't smudge on my lower lashes!  Thank you, tiny Buddha.  

Share your accidental splurge stories below and tell me about anything you've been eyeing up at Sephora!

Until next time,

Rachel

4 comments:

  1. I have been eyeing that Naked Flushed palette for a while! You may have sold me. Great post girl!

    Juliana Grace | www.julianagraceblogspace.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Let me know what you think if you end up getting it!

      Delete
  2. Dont think we can get marc jacobs make up in London, not noticed it!!! Reviews please!!

    http://onesliceoflemon.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll definitely do a review on that Marc Jacobs product! Spoiler alert: I love it. :]

      Thanks for commenting!

      Delete