Babbling Loon

Wednesday, October 29, 2014

Glamorous Vampire Halloween Tutorial


Well, hello everyone!  I'm sorry about my absence; school life got crazy with the midterm season.  Now that I'm all finished with that, I thought I would bring you a tutorial in time for Halloween!  This is for anyone who wants a more glamorous look on the wonderful night of mischief.  If you want to know how to get this look, keep reading after the jump!




After applying Rimmel's Match Perfect Foundation and a small  amount of Maybelline's Fit Me Concealer, I went ahead and did my brows.  Nothing fancy, just filled them in a little stronger than I normally would.  This was the first time using Maybelline's Eye Studio Master Shape Brow Pencil in Dark Brown.  I don't think it will replace the Anastasia Brow Whiz, but this did work nicely.


Next, apply a nude matte brown color to the entire lid.  I used Naked by Urban Decay.


Take a slightly darker brown (I used Buck from Urban Decay) and blend that into the crease.


This was the reason why I wanted to do this look.  I'm obsessed with this Laura Geller shade called Devil's Food.  It's a beautiful, warm, sparkly brown.  Pat this onto your outer corner in layers until you have achieved the level of darkness you want.


Blend, blend, blend!


Line your entire. bottom lash line with Devil's Food.


Take a soft black pencil liner (Rimmel's Scandaleyes in Black) and line your top lid.  Don't worry about making it perfect, we want this look to be super hazy and smokey.


Blend out the liner as much as possible.  The liner should not be harsh, so smudge away!


Put on a lengthening and volumizing mascara.  I used L'Oreal's Miss Manga and Urban Decay's Perversion.  You can add false lashes, I'm just too much of a sissy to try it.


This was after adding Urban Decay's Perversion.


Contour the hollows of your cheeks and sides of your forehead.  I used my trusty Body Shop Honey Bronzer.  Do not over bronze/contour because we want to stay fairly pale.  Also, there's no blush in this look.  Blush will make you look too alive, which in this case is bad.


I like to take a lot of pictures on Halloween so contour your nose or any other features you want to stand out in photos.


Take a dark blood red lip liner to line and fill in your lips.  I would not recommend the one I used by NYX because it went on super patchy.  Anyone have any lip liner recommendations?


Add a similar dark red shade of lipstick on top of the lip liner.  I used Rimmel's Kate Moss Lipstick in the shade 11.



And that's it!  Clean up any fall out from the eyeshadow and powder your face (Smooth Criminal Powder) to set everything in place.  Now add your fangs and go wreak havoc on all the unsuspecting humans. ;]

What is your costume this year?  Are you going spooky or glam?  Let me know in the comments!

Till next time,
Rachel

No comments:

Post a Comment