Babbling Loon

Tuesday, November 4, 2014

Recovery Nights


Everyone has busy weeks that require a fair amount of recovery.  With Halloween weekend came three parties, all of which were amazing.  However, after several days of only a few hours sleep and a hangover resembling the movie "Drumline", I needed something to help me bounce back.  Here is my routine for a recovery night.




First, I like to take a bath to unwind.  There's nothing better than sinking into a warm bath to help you get into a relaxing frame of mind.  I love using LUSH products, and that night I used the Twilight Bath Bomb.  It's such a fun product that has very fine glitter and turns the water a light purple.  Also the lavender scent is perfect for relaxation!

After the bath I like slathering myself in some body lotion.  I used Twilight Woods (see a theme here?) by Bath and Body Works.  This lotion has a light, fresh scent with hints of berry.  Next time you're in Bath and Body Works, definitely give it a sniff!

With all of the makeup I was wearing over the weekend, my skin was a little clogged and had a very minor breakout.  I used the Origins Clear Improvements Mask to help with this.  It's brilliant at drawing out all that nasty stuff in my pores without drying me out.  It is a charcoal mask, so it definitely doesn't smell the best, but it gets the job done.

Sticking with the skincare, I then went in with my Kiehl's Midnight Recovery Concentrate.  This has been part of my daily nighttime skincare routine, but I used an extra drop or two to make sure my skin was on the road to recovery.  Don't be afraid my combination/oily skin girls!  I'm on the same boat you all are and this does not break me out.  It really has changed my skin for the better.

I end my skincare routine with my moisturizer which is currently the Korres Pomegranate Balancing Gel Moisturiser.  I was on the hunt for this product for so long and it does not disappoint.  It is a gel texture that gives me the perfect amount of moisture without exacerbating my combination skin woes.

I ended the recovery night with some tea, Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring, and cuddles with my dog Morse.

What is your recovery night routine?  Let me know in the comments!

Until next time,
Rachel

2 comments:

  1. Lovely photos and I love the title of this post, every night is a recovery night for me!
    For me its getting the house clean, fresh bed sheets, bath, mask, hot choc and a good tv series and candles!!

    http://onesliceoflemon.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my god, I totally agree with cleaning. There's something so nice about relaxing in your bed right after you've washed the sheets.

      Thank you for commenting!

      Delete