Babbling Loon

Wednesday, November 19, 2014

Review: ipsy November Glam Bag!


Hello, there!  One thing I love about the beauty world is the ability to try so many different things without having to buy the full size of a product.  Most beauty stores have some kind of rewards system where you get to try a mini or deluxe size of a product (mostly) guilt free.  It's such a great way to expose yourself to different brands and break out of your comfort zone without the commitment of a whole new product.

That's also why I'm a huge fan of mail beauty services like Birchbox and ipsy.  In case you aren't familiar with these types of services, you are able to customize what type of products you would like to try.   You can get skincare, hair care, makeup, or even snacks in these boxes.  Each month you will get a variety of samples sent right to your door!  The mail services vary in price to fit every budget, even us broke post-college girls.  

I have been an ipsy subscriber since August and I have really enjoyed it so far.  I love the variety of products you get in each bag.  Most of the brands I get I have not heard of, which is exactly what I want out of a beauty mail service.  I love anything that enables my addiction. ;]

Anyway, after all that blabbering, let's get on to the review!

The Bag
Every month, ipsy sends the products in a different makeup bag.  While I love this idea, the bags can be very hit or miss for me.  I understand it's hard to cater to thousands of people's tastes, but I was a tad disappointed in this month's bag.  The silver glitter with bright pink seems a little tacky.  The bag itself is decent, I'm just not a fan of the design.

Marc Anthony Oil of Morocco Argan Oil Hairspray
I haven't used this enough to give a full review, but I have enjoyed it so far.  The smell is amazing and doesn't leave my hair feeling crunchy or sticky.  Has anyone tried this?

As soon as I took this product out of the bag I gasped.  The color is stunning.  It's a perfect dark magenta color that can be built up to look a little more on the purple end of the spectrum.  They remind me of the OCC Lip Tars in terms of the packaging and consistency.  Not sure if the staying power matches up as well, but this product still lasts a long time.

Now, don't be intimidated by the name like I was.  I was afraid the color would be too yellow for me and make my eyes look all weird and zombiefied.  My goodness, I was wrong.  This liner is so pigmented and shimmery that I can't even.  Yes, white girl can't even level.  I'm also pretty sure this is a full size which is a nice plus!

SeaRx Birchsap Moisturizing Lotion
This product is a tad confusing.  It says on the tube that I should not put it on my face, but various things online are saying that's okay.  Just to be safe, I have only been using this on my hands.  It has a lovely mild smell and absorbs incredibly fast into the skin.  I like it well enough, but it's not something I will be running out and buying the full size of. 

it Cosmetics Bye Bye Undereye in Neutral Medium
I have always wanted to try this product so I was really happy to see this in my bag!  This is an incredibly thick concealer that works well under the eyes and on other areas of the face.  Even though the tube is super small, you only need the tiniest amount of this stuff.  It has wonderful staying power and matches my skin tone really well.


All in all, I really liked this month's bag of goodies.  Are you a subscriber to any mail beauty services?  Let me know in the comments!

Until next time!
Rachel

No comments:

Post a Comment