Babbling Loon

Monday, November 17, 2014

Tutorial: Everyday Fall Look


Well, hello there, everyone!  I hope you all are having a great week so far!  I'm back today with my everyday Fall makeup routine.  I've been really into champagne eyes and pink/berry lips.  I think that combination works really well this time of year without being too intense.  If you want to see how I do my makeup on a daily basis, keep reading after the jump!



I like to dot my foundation all over my face and then blend it in.  Here, I'm using the Smashbox Camera Ready BB Cream in Light/Medium.  And, yes, making a scary face/monster claw is totally necessary for this look.


After being amazed at how intimidating I am, I went ahead and blended those dots away.


Then, I went in with my Bobbi Brown Corrector in Porcelain Peach and blended that under my eyes and any other areas that needed a little more coverage.

 

My dark circles have been a tad worse than usual, so I also went in with my Rimmel Match Perfection Concealer in the shade Fair Light.  I mostly focused this on the inner corner of my eye since that was the darkest area.


My browns needed to be tamed so I went in with the Maybelline EYe Studio Master Shape Brown Pencil in Dark Brown.  To be honest, I'm not really loving this product as much as the Anastasia Brow Whiz.  This product works well enough, but I just prefer the Anastasia version.  I just haven't had time to go to Sephora and pick one up.  Oopz.

 

On the inner part of my lid I used Rimmel's ScandalEyes Eyeshadow Stick in Bulletproof Beige.  It's a gorgeous champagne gold color that is amazing for this time of year.  After I colored in part of my lid, I used my finger to blend it out.  I also find it helpful to build the color up in layers if you want it to be more pigmented.


I'm falling back in love with my Urban Decay Naked Palette.  I'm really into the matte brown shades in there. I used Naked in my crease, as pictured here.


I then went in with Buck on the outer-v of my lid to give a little more dept to my eye.  Make sure to really blend these colors!

 

I used Creep, also from the Naked Palette, as my liner.  Any black eyeshadow (or real eyeliner) will do.  Just make sure to not make it too heavy.  We want the focus of this look to be on the gold/champagne color.


I then went in with my Urban Decay Supercurl Curling Mascara in Black after curling my lashes.  This stuff is amazing.  Wonderful volume and separation, and it does actually hold the curl of your lashes.


Before applying bronzer, I powdered my face with the Coty Airspun Translucent Powder.  It kind of smells like baby powder/old ladies, but it's an amazing powder you can get at the drug store.  For bronzer, I used The Body Shop's Honey Bronzer in 03 Medium Matte


For blush, I kept it light and glowy with the DiorSkin Star Rose Diamond.  This is one of those products where every time I use it I smack myself for not using it more.  It gives the perfect amount of color and a very sheer, natural shine.  Unfortunately, this product is discontinued and can only be found on eBay.  Any pale rose shimmery blush you have in your stash will work.


For my lips, I filled them in with the Essence Lip Liner in Satin Mauve.  I tried these because I saw Andrea of RosyChicc do a look with them and I could not resist picking a few up.  Also, the $1.49 (no, I'm not joking) price tag was super appealing.  

 

I have been on a MAC lipstick kick recently.  Here, I'm using Angel which pairs perfectly with the mauve toned lip liner.


I wanted a tiny bit more highlight, so I went in with the Doll 10 H2Glo Highlighter in Champagne on the very top of my cheekbones.


And there you have it, ladies and gents!  I have really been loving this look because it's so simple and goes with most outfits I come up with.

What products have you been reaching for on a daily basis?  Let me know in the comments!

Until next time, 

Rachel


2 comments:

  1. Such a fresh and appealing look - love the eyes and lip shade, and your hair and outfit (so just about everything!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, thank you so much! Let me know if there's any looks you would like to see in the future!

      Thanks for the comment!
      xo, Rachel

      Delete