Babbling Loon

Sunday, November 9, 2014

October Favorites!




Another month has gone by all too quickly.  I don't know about you guys, but I had a great month.  I've gotten into a groove between school and work, got in some great quality time with loved ones, and, of course HALLOWEEN.

In terms of favorites, this month is all about rediscoveries.  Even though I did a haul a couple of posts ago, I have been pretty well behaved (sort of) in terms of buying new makeup.  So, let's get on to my (first!!) monthly favorites!

With the exception of Halloween, my eye makeup has been pretty simple.  I've fallen back in love with my Maybelline Color Tattoo in Bad to the Bronze and Stila's Kitten Eye Shadow.  Not only do I love them separately, but the two together make an amazing combo.  It's such a fuss-free polished look that works on all skin tones!

My ipsy glam bag also had some great products these last two months.  I don't usually like highlighters, but the H2Glo Highlighter by Doll 10 has converted me.  It's a beautiful champagne color that is perfect for the "glowing from within" look.  This is a great middle ground between subtle and laser beam bright.  Also found in my ipsy bag was a translucent loose powder.  I had never heard of the brand Be a Bombshell and, I must say, I'm extremely impressed with this Smooth Criminal Powder.  You only need a tiny amount and it does a splendid job of keeping the oils at bay.  I only need to touch up once in the middle of the day when I use this! 

With autumn in full swing, I have also been really into red/berry lips.  The three pictured here are the ones I have been reaching for the most this month.  First, is a Rimmel Kate Moss Lipstick in 11 which I featured in my vampire Halloween tutorial.  The second is by Hikari and the shade is Cabernet (how perfect!).  Finally, the heavy hitter is this YSL Rouge Volupte Shine Lipstick in the shade 17 Rose in Tension.  I absolutely love this YSL lipstick because it feels so soft and moisturizing.  Everyone and their mother talks about these lipsticks and they really do live up to their reputation.

In terms on non-beauty favorites, the clock necklace in the first picture is high on the list.  I got it as a gift from my boyfriend for my birthday and I adore it.  It's such a great statement piece that goes with any outfit.  I'm not sure where he got it, so I will have to ask and update the post!

Well, I think that's everything!  I hope you all are having a great November so far!

What have your favorite products been this month?  I'd love to talk about them in the comments!

Until next time,
Rachel

No comments:

Post a Comment