Babbling Loon

Tuesday, July 21, 2015

The Essie Addiction




I have a confession to make.  It's something I have known for a long time, but couldn't really bring myself to admit it.  I... I have an addiction to Essie nail polishes.  There!  I said it!

I knew this was an addiction when I had to have a separate basket for just Essie polishes.  It doesn't help that my mom also suffers from this condition.  It's gotten to the point where we have almost memorized the names of the shades we have so we do not buy duplicates.  Now that that weight is off my chest, let me go into some of my favorite Essie shades!



Worth the Wait
This is one of my more recent purchases, but it has made a big impression.  Light peach or pink colors always make me nervous because I'm afraid they will awkwardly match my skin.  This beaut, however, is a perfect peach color that looks good no matter how pale I am.

Russian Roulette
If you need a classic bright red, here is your shade.  It leans more towards the orange side of red than blue, making it a perfect spring/summer shade.  I always come back to this shade if I find myself being indecisive (which is all the time).

Naughty Nautical
This is my perfect summer blue with a very subtle shimmer.  I had this on my toes pretty much all month.  It also looks amazing with a tan in case anyone needs a vacation color!

Bahama Mama
Despite this being a plummy shade, it is the warmest plum I own.  This shade works all year round and I think would look amazing on a lot of different skin tones.

Wrapped in Rubies
This was one of my favorite shades in winter.  It's a deep red with a kind of golden sheen.

Penny Talk
First of all, this was a pain to photograph.  It's much more of a copper tone than the picture is indicating.  Photographing fail aside, it's a great metallic shade.  I really love wearing this in the autumn/early winter months.

What did you think of the shades I picked?  Any others you would recommend I pick up?  Let me know in the comments!

Until next time,
Rachel

2 comments: