Babbling Loon

Tuesday, March 15, 2016

Minimal Makeup Tutorial


Well, hello there!  Do you ever have those days where you don't feel like wearing a ton of makeup but you still have to go outside and look like a normal person?  It happens to me more often than I would like to admit.  There are some days where I have to wake up before 6 AM, which is a good three hours before I'm at normal functioning capacity.  On the mornings where I find it particularly hard to leave my blanket burrito, this is my go-to makeup look.

Base

I started by applying primer to my t-zone.  Even though I'm keeping the overall look minimal, I still add primer to be sure my base will last all day.  I then go in with a BB cream or tinted moisturizer.  For this look, I went with Smashbox's Camera Ready BB Cream.  This is surprisingly pigmented for a BB cream so I don't need to pack this on too heavily.  I then used my Maybelline Instant Age Rewind Dark Circle Concealer.  Put this product anywhere you feel you need a little extra help (under the eyes, around the nose/mouth, etc).  I went ahead and powdered everything with Coty's Airspun Loose Powder.  In my ipsy bag this month, I got an awesome blush from this company called Mellow.  The shade I received was Bronze, which is a light brown/red color.  I lightly swept this just under my cheekbones so it would act as a blush and bronzer.  This product is highly pigmented and blended like a dream.

Eyes

This is probably the most simple eye makeup I have ever featured on this blog.  All I did was take MAC's Phloof! all over the lid and under the brow bone.  This shade is perfect for my skintone because it cancels out any remaining redness while giving me a tiny bit of color.  I then went in with Cork (also by MAC) in the crease, really taking my time blending it out.  Your goal for this look is to slightly enhance your already beautiful eyes.  Cork will slightly enhance the shadows that occur naturally and will compliment the first shade nicely.  I then drew a thin line on the outer third of my eye with a black pencil liner.  Apply this very lightly and blend it out into the outer lashline.  Since I didn't want anything too intense, I lightly coated my lashes using Smashbox's Full Exposure Mascara.   This stuff is perfect and manages to maintain what little curl I can get out of my lashes.

Finishing Touches

I keep my brows simple by using an eyeshadow to fill them in.  I think powder looks much more natural than a pencil or gel does.  For the lips, I typically rotate which product I use.  Some usual suspects are: Pixi's Shea Butter Lip Balm in Honey Nectar, Fresh's Sugar Lip Treatment in Petal, and NYX's Butter Gloss in Tiramasu.  Today, however, I went with none of those and just applied some Softlips Lip Protectant.  As with all of my makeup looks, I finish off by dousing myself in setting spray.  Darn you, combination skin... 

And, that's it!  What do you do for your minimal makeup routine?  Let me know in the comments!

Until net time,

Rachel

No comments:

Post a Comment