Babbling Loon

Tuesday, March 1, 2016

Matte Lip Essentials


Hello, everyone!  It has been absolutely frigid where I'm from the past few weeks.  We've even managed to get some heavy snow which is very rare.  Something about the cold weather makes me want to bust out the matte lip products I own.  I love how it can make you look edgy or soft depending on the color.  The downside to matte lip products is that they can be pretty drying.  Even if you aren't wearing a matte formula, no one wants dry, flaking lips.  It's just not cute.  Here are my tips to help you rock that matte shade without drying out your lips!



1. Start the night before
Every night before I go to bed I put on an extremely moisturizing lip balm.  I've been loving the Bite Beauty Agave Lip Mask.  The formula to this product is incredibly thick, almost like Vaseline.  It does a great job of giving my lips that extra bit of moisture.  Some cheaper alternatives are this Minted Rose Lip Balm and Kiehl's Lip Balm.  Both of these products are great but, if you're willing to splurge or need a more intense product, I would go for the one by Bite Beauty.

2. Exfoliate
Before you apply lip liner or lipstick, exfoliate your lips with a scrub.  There are plenty of great ones out there (like the one from Lush), or you could make your own!  I tend to do this during my morning skincare routine.

3. Apply a moisturizing balm that isn't too heavy
Now that you've exfoliated you need to put some moisture back in.  Use a lip balm that is thinner, like Burt's Bees, Nivea, or Lasting Smiles.  This will replenish your lips without being too heavy like the balms listed in the first step.  I make sure to put on my lipstick last during my makeup routine to ensure the maximum amount of balm has been absorbed.

After that, you should be set!  Line your lips, apply the matte product, and show the world how awesome you look!

What are your tips to wearing a matte lip?  Any product recommendations?  Leave them in the comments below!

Until next time,

Rachel

No comments:

Post a Comment