Babbling Loon

Tuesday, September 15, 2015

This and That (Haul)


Well, hello there!  Over the past few weeks, I have visited Ulta, Sephora, and Walgreens a few too many times.  I usually have a legitimate reason: restocking a product I've used up, replacing an expired product, seeing something I absolutely cannot live without for one more second.  Well, maybe not that last one, but I did say I usually have a good reason.


So, here are all the tempting products I've accumulated.



Ahh, the rose gold trend will get me every time.  I thought this polish would be a great one to add on top of some nude and pink polishes to make the look a little more interesting.  I have one other Color Show nail polish so I know the quality will not disappoint.



So many bloggers and YouTubers have talked about this product over the years and I have never bothered to pick it up.  I had run out of my Fit Me concealer, which I had been using as my highlighter since I bought it in a shade that was too light.  I decided it was time for something new and to see if the product lived up to the hype.  So far, I've really been enjoying this product.  It's lightweight, has minimal creasing, and perfectly brightens my perpetually tired eyes.  It's a bit pricey for a drugstore product, but its performance  (so far) justifies the price tag.



Oh my God, I can't believe I've gone so long without this.  I have a couple of light colored eye shadows in various palettes that I never use because no eye primer would give them the "oomf" I was looking for.  Turns out, this product was the solution to all my eye shadow woes.  I used this under a few shades in my Galaxy Chic Palette by BH Cosmetics yesterday and was incredibly impressed.  It made the lighter shades in the palette pop so much more and gave the look an overall brightness that had been missing.  This is also going to come in handy for some Halloween looks I have planned for the blog, so stay tuned for that in the coming weeks!



My reaction to swatching this palette in Sephora was hyperventilating for several seconds.  Okay, that's an exaggeration.  But I did let out an embarrassing, very audible gasp.  The consistency of the shadows are so buttery soft, making the blending process an absolute breeze.  The blush shade (Unearthed) perfectly compliments the looks you can create with this palette.  I also like that I do not have to worry about overdoing my blush.  The color builds nicely on the cheeks preventing any crazy doll cheek mishaps.  The highlighter shade under the blush also doubles as a nice eye shadow if you feel like getting fancy.  This palette is limited edition, so if you want to pick it up I suggest doing it sooner rather than later.



The main reason I got this is because I need it for a Halloween look I'm planning for the blog.  I needed a cream gold shadow and I did not feel like breaking the bank for this type of a product.  I have not worn it yet, but it swatched beautifully.  You can pack it on for a more bold gold look, or sheer it out to give a nice, subtle shine.  Any guesses as to what this look is for? ;]



Although I love my It Cosmetics brow pencil, I felt that it was time for a change.  When I first started doing my brows, I used powder because it was much more forgiving in the event I made a mistake.  I love the way this product makes my brows look full in the most natural way possible.  I don't really use the wax part of this product, because I have other products I prefer using to set my brows.  The brush is also decent quality, so that was a nice surprise!



I'm sure you all know of/have/heard about this product so I will keep this bit short.  My Lorac eye shadow primer finally ran out, so I decided to pick up this old favorite.  This does a great job at preventing creasing and keeping my oily eyelids from eating all my hard work.  



I know summer is over and I should be changing everything to darker tones to match the seasons.  But this blush is pretty and I have no self control.  This is a gorgeous peachy shade with a shimmery finish that will look good on a variety of skin tones.  This is my first Milani product and I can't wait to try more from the range!


Have you picked up anything new recently?  Anything you think I should try?  Let me know in the comments!

Until next time,
Rachel

No comments:

Post a Comment