Babbling Loon

Saturday, February 7, 2015

Simple Valentine's Day Makeup




Hello, everyone!  Valentine's Day is next week.  Whether you have a date with Mr. (or Ms.) Right or a night in with friends, dressing for the occasion is necessary.  Gordon and I aren't doing anything fancy this year, which I'm really happy about.  Even though we're staying in and cooking a bad ass meal, I still want to look nice on the day.  Here is a simple makeup look that I'm planning on wearing.

Base

I applied the Nars Sheer Matte Foundation to even out my skin.  I've been experiencing some increased redness, so I desperately need this to balance that out.  For concealer I used Maybelline's Age Rewind Eraser Dark Circle Treatment Concealer.  I finally picked up one of these and I'm so happy I did.  My semester started a few weeks ago, and with it came my dark circles.  This concealer does a great job of cancelling out those dark spots.  To set everything I used the Coty Airspun Loose Powder.  I added a bit of The Body Shop's Honey Bronzer to my face as well as MAC's Sea Me, Hear Me blush.  For a bit of a romantic glow, I swept a MAC Mineralized Skin Finish in Soft and Gentle on the high points of my cheeks.  This stuff is amazing.  I've been on a huge highlighter kick and I use this every day.

Eyes
I kept it simple with the eyes by not using any eyeshadow.  I just used Stila's Stay All Day Liquid Liner for a nice thick cat eye.  There's something so classic and sexy about winged eyeliner!  I extended the wing a tad more than I normally would for a slightly more dramatic effect.  I curled my lashes and used Marc Jacob's O!Mega Lash Volumizing Mascara.  This mascara makes my lashes look so thick and full and ohmygosh I just love it.  For my brows I used my trusty Anastasia Brow Whiz.  I didn't do anything fancy to them since my fringe covers them (also I'm lazy), but I still wanted them to look polished.

Lips
Ahhhh, my favorite part of this look.  I used Urban Decay's 24/7 Lip Liner in 69 to line and fill in my lips.  I went over the liner with MAC's Ruby Woo.  This is the perfect matte red for my skin tone.  My mom was so sweet and got it for me as a "Congratulations on not dying your first semester of grad school."  It was the best little surprise and I have worn it constantly.


And that's it!  I hope you all like this look.  Do you have any Valentine's Day plans?  Tell me what you're getting up to, no matter how boring you think it may be, in the comments!

Until next time!
Rachel

1 comment:

  1. Thank you so much! I'll be sure to check out that blog.

    Thanks for the comment!
    Rachel

    ReplyDelete