Babbling Loon

Monday, April 20, 2015

Empties Deux!


Well, hello there, everyone!  I'm so sorry for the absence.  School has been insane these past few months with projects, papers, and tests oh my.  I'm going to make it my mission these next few months to be more regular so you don't have to wait two months between posts.

Despite being absent on here, beauty products have remained a huge part of my life.  (Let's be honest, they'll always be a big part of my life.)  It seems that I never run out of products a little at a time; it's all or nothing.  I ran out of all of these products within a day or two of each other.  It was a bit insane that week, let me tell you.  So, as you might have guessed from the title, here is my second empties post!


After finishing the Batiste Dry Shampoo, I wanted to try something different.  As I mentioned in this post, I wasn't a fan of the buildup the Batiste Dry Shampoo left in my hair.  I was perusing Rite Aid and decided to pick this one up by Dove because it was $4.  Yes, you read that correctly.  I was really pleased with the results that came with such a low price tag.  It left a slight white cast, which was easily removed by a good 'ole tousle with the fingertips.  It didn't leave as much of a residue after multiple uses, which was a major plus.  I will definitely be picking this up again once I finish the one I'm currently using.

This was in a gift bag I got for Christmas that had a couple miniature products inside.  The theme of the bag was "glam" and, let me tell you, this mascara fits the bill.  It has a tapered end, making it super easy to get those inner corner lashes without poking yourself.  (It happens to the best of us.)  It did a great job separating my lashes without making them look too spidery.  If I'm in the mood to splurge on mascara, I will definitely be picking one of these full size babies up.

I was stupidly sad when I ran out of this product.  I got it during the BB Cream hype a year or so ago because I wanted to see what all the fuss was about.  After being very disappointed by a few drugstore versions, I felt it was time to try the higher end products.  This did not disappoint.  It was the perfect base when I was feeling lazy and didn't want to mess around with full coverage foundation.  This product gives a great medium coverage to your skin without feeling heavy or needing a lot of product.  The only reason I haven't run out to buy another is that it's $39 for 1 fluid oz.  For now, working part-time and going to school, that price is a little too much for me. If you have the funds or just feel like splurging, I would definitely recommend this product.  

This was an interesting product.  It was a fairly thin eye cream, which made it great for wearing underneath makeup.  It had this almost reflective, shiny quality to it that would brighten up the dark circles underneath my eyes.  For me, this product did not fulfill all of the claims it said it would.  I did not see a noticeable difference in my dark circles and I did not find it particularly moisturizing.  It wasn't drying by any means, I just don't think it did me any favors.  Just like the BB cream, this product is expensive.  Since I did not get the results I was looking for, I will not be repurchasing this.

I'm convinced I got a bad tube of this product.  After one or two uses, the tip of the applicator dried out.  It was impossible to get a decent line without putting it on its side, which would give an uneven application.  I love the black version of this, and I've never had a problem with it.  I love the blue, almost black color this liner gives, so I will head back to Sephora and pick up another tube.  I'm determined to get one that works!

As I have mentioned in various posts on this blog, this is my go to eyebrow pencil.  It's thin, making it easy to draw tiny hairs to fill in the sparse areas.  I will definitely be repurchasing this, and I recommend this to anyone.  It makes doing your brows a lot less scary, which is exactly what I need.

I got this in my ipsy glam bag a few months ago.  I was super excited to try it because I absolutely love mojitos and the fresh, summery smell.  This is an incredibly thick lip balm, so I would not recommend wearing it during the day.  I found that this product just sat on my lips in a thick, sticky layer without absorbing into them and moisturizing them.  On a positive note, this smelled amazing.  If anyone knows of a moisturizing mojito lip balm, please let me know!

I have gone through so many of these tubes since they came out.  It is, hands down, my favorite drugstore concealer.  It has the perfect consistency which gives enough coverage without being thick or cakey.  I also find that this works just as well on blemishes, as well it does under my eyes.  I think this is a great budget friendly product that everyone should try.

First of all, let me talk about how good this smells.  Oh.  My.  God.  So good.  It's a very fresh smell with a pomegranate fragrance that isn't too overpowering.  The consistency of this product works well for my skin.  Like the name suggests, it's a cream/gel hybrid.  It has the consistency of a cream, but absorbs quickly like a gel.  I use this at night and I think it does a great job of keeping my face moisturized without feeling greasy.  I already went out and bought another because I was so impressed with the results.

Aaand, that's it!  What products have you gotten through recently?  Any I should try next?  Leave me a comment and let me know!
Until next time,
Rachel

No comments:

Post a Comment