Babbling Loon

Saturday, December 6, 2014

Empties!



Well, hey there, everyone!  I don’t know if anyone else has this problem, but when I run out of products, I seem to run out of several at once.  It feels great when I use something up because I’m such a hoarder when it comes to beauty products.  I feel like I can also give a more in depth review of something after I’ve used up the entire thing.  So, without further or do, here’s my product empties!

I got a sample of this several years ago as a 100 point perk from Sephora.  I was in need of a new cleanser and thought I would give this a try.  Since then, I have not used another cleanser.  This is a gel-like cleanser that lathers beautifully.  It’s suitable for all skin types and even removes makeup!  I usually use this after my cleansing balm to make sure my skin is makeup-free.  It does a great job of removing everything I need it to without stripping my skin of moisture.  I would highly recommend picking this up!

Just as a warning, my review of this product is going to sound a bit odd.  I love this specific can because it does not leave a white cast.  The smell is also amazing and not overpowering.  However, I find after several days of using this there is a distinct build-up of residue in my hair.  Batiste in general is a great brand because the product is around $7 and does do the job well.  However, if you want a dry shampoo that is a little lighter, I would go for something else.

The only way to describe this product is a shrug of my shoulders and say, “Eh.”  I liked the texture; thick with a definite silicone feel.  Unfortunately, I do not feel it does a good job of extending the wear of my foundation.  Since my skin is on the oily side, I need something a little more heavy duty than this.

I got this little wonder in my ipsy glam bag a few months ago.  The smell is very spa-like.  It's fresh and light with a hint of floral notes.  This absorbs fairly quickly and does a wonderful job at keeping my hands soft.  I won’t be running out to buy it soon since I have so many hand creams to get through, but I would definitely recommend this.

Everyone in the beauty world has talked about this at some point or another.  It really is worth the hype.  It smells wonderful, works well, and this tiny bottle is great for travelling.  This stuff is a little too intense for my face, but it works splendidly on the ends of my hair.  Since my hair is thin, I get split ends very easily.  (Random Tangent: Looking at split ends under the microscope is horrifying.  Would not recommend for the faint of heart.)  Using this every time I wash my hair has helped with that and adds some needed hydration.  It is very expensive, so depending on your budget, that can be a con.


Something I have struggled with since my teens is body acne.  It’s not something anyone likes to admit they have, but it happens.  I have been using this stuff on and off since high school.  I love the pink grapefruit smell and it lathers beautifully in the shower.  I have found that this product does not fix current breakouts, but helps prevent future ones from happening.  I use this everyday and it does not dry out my skin.

Aaaaand, that's it!  What are some of your recent empties?  Would you recommend them?
Until next time!
Rachel

No comments:

Post a Comment