Babbling Loon

Wednesday, December 17, 2014

Color of the Season: Red!



Hello, everyone!  For the month of December, a color that seems to pop up more and more is red.  I'm a big fan of this shade all year round, but the Christmas season definitely begs for more of this color.  I decided to make a list of a few of my favorite red things.  There's a bit of everything here, so I hope you enjoy!

Essie in Russian Roulette
This is a classic red shade I adore.  It doesn't lean towards the cool or warm side of the red spectrum, it is just good 'ol red.  As with all Essie nail polishes, it goes on smoothly and gives a great finish after two coats.  I also love that there is no sparkle or glitter in this, making it much easier to wear.

Urban Decay 24/7 Lip Liner in 69
I just recently picked this up and I absolutely love it.  I also chuckled at the name because I'm still a 13-year-old.  Anyway, it works well under the red lipsticks I have that match this shade.  I have also worn this on its own for a more matte effect.  It doesn't dry out my lips either, which is always good!

OPI Nail Polish in Dear Santa
Now, this polish is for those of you who want a little sparkle and glam to your nails.  This is a classic Christmas Party nail color that I will definitely be rocking at some point this month.  I love OPI polishes because they are so easy to apply and last for several days without chipping.  This color is a bright red with a bit of gold shimmer that is absolutely divine to look at.

Maybelline Color Sensational Lip Color in Very Cherry
This is the best drugstore red lipstick I own.  It has a very creamy and moisturizing formula with a very slight shine.  It is incredibly pigmented for a drugstore product and works like a dream.

Dress- Anthropologie
I got this dress a few years ago when I stopped in a London Anthropologie.  As soon as I saw it on the rack, it was love at first sight.  It hugs my figure in all the right places without being a full bodycon dress.  Also, the little bows on the side are such a cute detail.  I love wearing this with nude heels and a classic trench coat.  Unfortunately, they do not make this dress anymore, but the link above will give you a better idea of what it looked like so if you want something similar you can hunt around for it!

Josie Maran Coconut Watercolor Cheek Gelee in Pink Escape
When I first opened this in a Sephora gift set I was terrified of it.  It is a really  bright red/pink color in the pot.  Do not fear, grab a stippling brush that is near! (Oh, God, that was awful)  I barely tap my Real Techniques Duo-Fiber Contour Brush into the pot and then dab this onto my cheeks.  It gives the perfect just-came-in-from-the-cold flush and will look divine on so many skin tones.

The Body Shop Body Butter in Strawberry
Oh my goodness, this scent is amazing.  I don't usually go for really fruity scents, but I loved this too much to pass it up a few months ago.  I always use body butters during the winter because the skin on my legs dries out slightly (especially after shaving).  The scent is very intense when you first put it on, but after a few minutes it much more mild and wearable.   

Rebecca Minkoff Bag
My mom actually found this beauty hiding in a TJ Maxx.  Go figure!  I don't mind the "B" on the front since my last name is Bell.  This was my first Rebecca Minkoff bag and since then I've been hooked.  It's surprising how much stuff I can fit in there since it doesn't look too big!  It is made so well and puts up with my hectic life beautifully.  

What are your favorite red beauty products?  Let me know in the comments!
Until next time!
Rachel

No comments:

Post a Comment