Babbling Loon

Wednesday, May 6, 2015

Fresh Spring Makeup!



Well, hello there!  Since the warm weather is in full swing, I've been adding more color to my makeup routine.  I've been particularly obsessed with purple hues.  I think warm purple colors are a great way to incorporate spring without going over the top with color.  This purple obsession all started when I bought the Nars Duo Eyeshadow in Kuala Lumpar and it's been all downhill from there.  This is a look I have been wearing a lot this past month or so.  If you want to know how I got this look, keep on reading after the jump!


Base

As with all makeup looks, I start with my Porefessional Primer by Benefit.  I then used a beauty blender to apply Bourjois 1 2 3 Perfect CC Cream in Light Beige all over my face.  I actually bought this in a shade too dark, but if I apply a thin layer I find I can pull it off.  I then used the tiniest drop of It Cosmetic's Bye Bye Undereye Concealer for my dark circles.  This stuff is very thick, so be very careful not to overdo it.  To brighten up my face I used Rimmel's Match Perfection Concealer.  I applied it in a v-shape underneath my eyes to give a subtle highlight.  I also used this concealer down the bridge of my nose and a little on my chin.  Moving on to blush, I used Stila's Convertible Color in Peony that I recently hauled.  It gives the perfect dark rose flush for my skin tone.  This is also a product that should be used sparingly.  I lightly tapped the product onto my finger and used the same tapping motion to apply it to my cheeks.  I used my Coty Airspun Transparent Powder to set everything before applying The Body Shop Honey Bronzer to warm up my face.  As a final touch to my base I used Dior's Rose Diamond to give a little highlight and color.

Eyes
I used the Nars Eyeshadow Duo that I mentioned earlier.  I applied the light rose/peachy shade to the inner two-thirds of my eye.  I then used the warm plum shade on the outer third, building the color in thin layers.  I used a fluffy brush to blend away any harsh edges and brought the purple shade up into my outer crease.  I made sure to not bring the purple shade too far over in the crease towards my inner eye.  I wanted to keep the look soft and light.  To keep the "soft and light" theme, I used a brown pencil liner by Collection on my upper lash line.  I smudged the eyeliner to make it even softer.  To finish off the eyes, I used Maybelline's Falsies Mascara in a brown color.

Brows
I kept it simple with the brows by following my natural shape and filling them in with Maybelline's Eye Studio Master Shape Brow Pencil.  To set them in place I used L'Oreal's Brow Stylist Plumper Brow Gel Mascara.

Lips
To finalize the look I filled in my lips using the NYX Slim Lip Pencil in Rose.  I actually completely forgot I had this and I loved the way it felt on my lips.  I toned down the pink using Maybelline's Color Sensational Creamy Matte Lipcolor in Daringly Nude.  This is a great nude color for all my pale girls out there.  It doesn't wash you out and the formula feels great on the lips despite being a matte shade.

And, there you have it!  A fresh spring look, with a pop of color perfect for any occasion!  What did you think of this look?  Any other tutorials you would like me to do?  Let me know in the comments!

Until next time!
Rachel

No comments:

Post a Comment