Babbling Loon

Thursday, December 24, 2015

Christmas Eve Tutorial



Well, hello there!  After what feels like eternity, we're finally at Christmas Eve!  I'm so excited about this holiday that I feel like the only proper way to express my excitement is to flail and make strange squeaking sounds.  I just love Christmas so much, guys.  Anyway, here is the look I'll be wearing this year with my party dress!



Step 1: Start with a flawless base.  Primer, foundation, concealer, and powder were all applied here.  You don't have to use all of the products I used.  My skin is a little angry with me, so I needed to go the extra mile.  


Step 2: I went with a super strong brow for this look.  Fill those babies in and set them with brow gel.


Step 3: Using my Lorac Pro Palette, I swiped Taupe all over the lid to give a warm wash of color.


Step 4: I took a small amount of Sable and put it in the crease.  I made sure to put more of the color on the outer part of the crease since I want that area to be the darkest.


Step 5: Using Laura Geller's Devil's Food, I applied this to the outer v of my eye.  Really take your time with this and make sure all of the colors are nice and blended.  I made sure to build up the color a little at a time to ensure I had complete control over how dark the final look would be.


Step 6: Going back to my Lorac palette, I applied Cream under the brow for a subtle highlight.


Step 7: I then applied Urban Decay's Space Cowboy on the inner two-thirds of the lid.  I love how this shadow adds a ton of sparkle without messing up the eyeshadow I have already put down.


Step 8: Take a black pencil liner and line the outer half of the lash line.  Lining the entire lash line would close off the eyes too much.  We want to show off those beautiful eyeballs this season!


Step 9: Add some seriously volumizing mascara and lashes.  This will give the eyes the extra oomph they need.


Step 10: Add some bronzer to warm up the face and add some depth to the face.


Step 11: Put on a rosy/maroon type blush.  I was using Sea Me, Hear Me by MAC (which is limited edition booo).  Another alternative would be Stila's Convertible Color in Hibiscus.


Step 12: Get your glow on by adding some highlight to the cheekbones.  I'm obsessed with this Becca highlighter in Opal.  It's a buttery soft powder that applies like a dream.


And there you have it!  I hope you all have a lovely and relaxing Christmas!  What products are you using for your Christmas Eve look?  Let me know in the comments!

Until next time!

Rachel

No comments:

Post a Comment