Babbling Loon

Friday, December 4, 2015

Color of the Season: Green


Hello, everyone!  Now that it is finally December I can start getting excited about the holiday season!  Last year I did a red color of the season post around this time.  I thought it was only fitting that we do the other color that seems to pop up all the time this month: green!  Here are a few of my favorite green items that will help get you in the holiday spirit.


I wrote a review here all about the Sugarpill eyeshadows I've recently purchased.  I absolutely adore this shade and will definitely be wearing it a lot this time of year.  It brings a standard smokey eye to the next level because of it's dark emerald quality.

This shade is just way too fun!  Glittery nails always remind me of this time of year.  This color works best on top of another shade since it only contains glitter.  I love it over shades of green and even nude pink colors.  It's a great way to add some sparkle to your manicure!

I have always been a huge fan of The Body Shop's body butters.  My skin feels so buttery soft (see what I did there?) after I use these.  I thought this scent was going to be too sickly sweet for me, but it's perfect.  It's sweet enough without going overboard and has a slight tart smell like a granny smith apple.  This specific scent is limited edition for the holiday season, so I would hurry and get it before they sell out!

4. Ulta Nail Polish- Envy
Unfortunately, I don't think Ulta makes this specific shade anymore.  But fear not!  This shade can be easily duped.  It is a beautiful deep emerald, almost black shade, with a very slight shimmer running through it.  I found some shades that look similar here and here.

I couldn't talk about my favorite green things without sharing this shade.  You all know how much I love Essie polishes, and this shade is one of my favorites.  Even though it's a pastel shade, it would bring such a nice, light feel to any look you wear this season.

6. Accessories
Probably the easiest way to be a little green this season is accessories.  I love this dark green cardigan from Madewell I got last year for Christmas.  It's made of wool and feels so soft and snuggly.  My mom got me this amazing necklace from a local thrift store a few years ago.  She can always find something amazing no matter where we go.  I honestly have no idea how she does it.  (Probably sorcery.) 

What are your favorite green things to wear?  Let me know in the comments!

Until next time,

Rachel

No comments:

Post a Comment