Babbling Loon

Thursday, November 26, 2015

Empties Part 3!



Well, hello everyone!  The satisfaction I get from finishing a product is a little silly.  It's a moment of pride; almost equivalent to finishing a Chipotle burrito in one sitting.  (Don't judge, that's a big deal for me.)  This week my little bag of empty products has been overflowing.  As soon as I ran out of my body butter, I knew it was time to photograph these babies so I can finally move on.  Unlike my last empties post, I did not run out of all of these at once.  They were all several weeks apart which I, along with my wallet, were extremely thankful for.  Since I have a lot of products to get through, I will keep their reviews brief.  As Mario would say: "Let's A-Go!"



Makeup

Nars Sheer Matte Foundation
Unfortunately, I wasn't able to use all of this product before it reached its expiration date.  I did get to use a fair amount of it, and I really did enjoy using it.  It gave great medium coverage with a nice satin finish.  Since they no longer make this, I will pick up a sample of the Sheer Glow formula to see how that compares.

As stated in my last empties this is one of my favorite concealers.  I won't ramble on again, since you can see my initial thoughts in that post.

Sadly, this product was a bit of a dud for me.  I found that after a couple of hours my eyeshadow started creasing and did not prevent the natural oils produced by my skin from eating up the product.  I find the best eyelid primers are high end, but please let me know if you've tried a good drugstore option!

Ahh, this beautiful baby was a dream.  This mascara gave wonderful fluttery lashes and held my curl superbly.  I will definitely be repurchasing this once my mascara stash gets a little smaller.

This is another shrug my shoulders product.  I enjoyed it well enough, but it was outperformed by the next product on this list.

After I purchased this product, I used it every day until I ran out.  I felt that it illuminated my skin more and gave better coverage than the Maybelline product.  Any product that can illuminate my under eye area deserves to have the word "magic" in the title.

It seems that the beauty community is split on how they feel  about this product.  For me, it was great.  It gave a ton of volume to my lashes without weighing them down and ruining the curl.  I have already purchased another because I love it so much!

I honestly don't think I have been disappointed by a NYX product.  These glosses really are buttery and give great pigmentation without slipping outside of the lip line.  Plus, it smells amazing.

I am incredibly fussy with my face primers.  A lot don't work well on me because of my oily t-zone.  This product, however, showed my t-zone who's boss.  It kept everything in place all day and did not dry out the less oily parts of my skin.  Definitely going to pick up another one next time I'm in Sephora or Ulta!


Skincare/Body Products

In my post all about masks I talked about this product.  It helps control my acne without being too drying.  Head over to that post to read a review that's a little more in depth.

I have to admit that when I was given this product, I judged it by appearances before trying it.  The last time I used anything by Chapstick was in middle school, so I was quick to write this product off.  Man oh man, was I wrong.  Besides the Bite Beauty Agave Lip Mask, this was one of the only products that helped my lips when they were incredibly dry a few months back.  I was shocked and mentally kicked myself for being so hasty in my judgement of this product.

Here is my glowing review of this product in my last empties.

Every time I think of The Body Shop, I think of their body butters.  This product smells like summer because of the fresh strawberry smell.  Despite it being a fruit scent, I did not find it to be sickly sweet.  I also absolutely adore the way it made my skin feel.  I especially loved using this after I shaved my legs.  I have a couple other body butters in different scents so I'm sure you'll be seeing more of these in future empties posts!

If I wasn't going to be judged by society (and my boyfriend), I would marry this product.  Since I bought it last year, it has completely changed my skin.  My face isn't as red, I get less breakouts, and my skin generally looks healthier.  I never thought a non-prescription product would change my skin this much.  It is a bit pricey, but I think it is 100% worth it.  I have already purchased another one because I could not go a day without using this. 

This product was great for the summer months.  It kept my under eye area hydrated and plump and worked well under makeup.  I did not notice too much of a difference, however, when it came to my dark circles.  I would not recommend this if you're looking for something to cure those dark circles.  If you're more concerned with hydration, then definitely pick this product up!

Whew, that was a long post!  What products have you used up recently?  Let me know in the comments!

Until next time,

Rachel

No comments:

Post a Comment