Babbling Loon

Thursday, November 19, 2015

Review: Sugarpill Eyeshadows





It all started by not being able to sleep.  I started to peruse the internet for new beauty brands to try, when I stumbled upon Sugarpill's website.  I have seen various YouTubers and Instagram gurus use these shadows in such versatile ways.  They seemed like a fun product, so I decided to give a few shades a whirl.



First off: Holy pigmentation, Batman!  The shades were swiped in the pan once and on my arm once.  With a price point of $12, I was shocked that the pigmentation was that good.  They're definitely giving some high end brands a run for their money.

Out of all of the shades, Pumpkin Spice felt the softest.  I found this to be a good and bad thing.  It went on so smoothly and blended like a dream, but there was a lot of fallout during application.  I would recommend doing your eye makeup before your base to make cleanup easier.  Once the shadow was on however, it did not budge, so I didn't have to worry about cleaning up glitter during the day.

The other two shades don't feel as soft as Pumpkin Spice, but that's not necessarily a bad thing.  They went on just as pigmented and blended out just as smoothly.  I had an amazing makeup day earlier this week when I wore Subterranean.  I applied it all over the lid with a matte black in the crease and outer third of my eye.  It gave such a unique look to a smokey eye and I did not want to wash my makeup off that night.

I would highly recommend picking up some of these shadows.  Sugarpill has a wide variety of colors and finishes, making it easy to find something tempting.


Have you tried anything from Sugarpill?  Anything you would recommend I pick up?  Let me know in the comments!

Until next time,

Rachel

2 comments:

  1. Great review! These shades are all so stunning, especially pumpkin spice! :)
    Urban Obsessions // Vegan Food, Beauty & Lifestyle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Pumpkin Spice is sooo lovely. It would look great on you!

      Thank for the comment!
      xoxo, Rachel

      Delete