Babbling Loon

Wednesday, November 4, 2015

A Mask for Every Occassion


Well, hello there!  Since the Halloween season is officially over (brb, crying), I decided to give my skin a break.  Several of the Freaky Friday looks involved what seemed like more than a full face of makeup.  Although I properly cleansed every time I wore makeup, I still found my skin needed something extra.  These are the masks I tend to go for if my skin needs a little boost.

I absolutely adore this mask from Origins.  If my skin is feeling clogged it does an amazing job of sucking out all the impurities.  It's all thanks to the activated charcoal which acts like a magnet to dirt in your pores.  Since I was a chemistry major in undergraduate school, we had to use activated charcoal for a couple of different experiments.  When I think about why we used it in lab, I'm not surprised by companies adding it to face masks.  The only downside to this is the smell.  It is charcoal, and I'm pretty sure you can only make that smell so good.  I tend to go a little heavy on my nighttime moisturizer after using this to re-balance my skin.

This mask was my savior during my summer vacation at the beach.  This hydrated my skin without making me feel oily.  It has a really nice cooling effect once it's applied, making it super relaxing and great for the warmer months.  My skin does get a little drier during the winter, so I will still be using this when I need it.

I have been on a sheet mask trying binge the last few weeks.  Ever since Sephora started stocking more of brands that offer these I have been unable to stop myself from picking up a new one every time I go in.  This one by Tony Moly was fantastic.  I have been eating one too many cookies (and chocolate bars, and caramels...) because of Halloween.  Since my diet has been less than perfect, my skin is definitely not anywhere near looking radiant.  I didn't see any major improvements right after using this.  The next day, however, I definitely noticed a difference.  My skin looked a little brighter and more supple.  Using this and drinking a lot of water is definitely going to help get my skin back on track.

When Mother Nature comes knocking I tend to get more breakouts on my body.  I use this mask from Lush twice a week on my back and chest whenever I see a flare up.  You can use it on your face as well, but I find it works better for me as a body mask.  Like the Peter Thomas Roth mask above, it has a really soothing, cooling effect.  This mask is so gentle and does not dry out my skin at all.  It is also self-preserving so you don't have to worry about putting this in the fridge!

Do you have any face or body masks that you swear by?  I'd love to get some recommendations in the comments!

Until next time,
Rachel


No comments:

Post a Comment