Babbling Loon

Friday, October 30, 2015

Freaky Friday: Poison Ivy




"If you are strong enough, you will survive.  That is the law of the jungle."

Hello, my lovely roses!  Welcome to the last Freaky Friday of the season.  I thought it was only fitting to end this series with my costume reveal for this year.  Batman is, by far, my favorite super hero.  I loved the show as a kid and even watched all the cheesy movies.  One of my favorite things about Batman is the villains.  They are interesting, complex, and a joy to watch torment the city of Gotham.

My favorite villain has to be Poison Ivy.  She has the logical mind of a scientist, making her a challenging opponent for Batman.  She uses her sex appeal in the most methodical way possible, poisoning people with kisses and pheromones from plants.  She's the siren you would gladly crash your ship for just to get a little closer.

Okay... so I have a little bit of a crush on her.  Can you blame me?!

For this look I decided to do my own interpretation.  I knew I didn't want to make my whole body green and definitely did not want to replicate her look from the unbelievably bad "Batman and Robin."  I wanted this look to be just like a rose: beautiful and sharp.  If you want to find out how I got this look, read on after the jump! 




Step 1: Instead of starting with the base, I'm starting with my eyes.  If you don't trust your hand to make a straight edge (like me) place a small piece of tape at the outer corner of your eye.  This will help give a super sharp edge without all the fuss.



Step 2: Prime your lids and apply a white cream eyeshadow stick where you will place the eyeshadow.  This will help make the green shadows really pop and act as an extra primer.



Step 3: For all the eyeshadows, I used my BH First Edition Eyeshadow Palette.  This is an amazing product with every color you could ever need.  Pat a bright green shade all over the lid, leaving the outer third bare.  I did two "layers" of this shadow to give some major oomph.  (That's a super technical term, I know.)



Step 4: Take a medium green shade and buff this out in the crease.  When it comes to the outer third, keep this shade to the top portion of the wing.



Step 5: Use a deep emerald green shade on the outer third, shading in the rest of the wing.  Blend any harsh edges with a fluffy brush.



Step 6: I felt like my crease needed a little more definition.  I took my bronzer and lightly blended that in the crease, slightly above the medium green shade.



Step 7: Take a shimmery yellow-green shade and use that as a brow and inner corner highlight.




Step 8: Use a black liquid liner and draw a wing so sharp it will cut diamonds.  This is where the tape really comes in handy!



Step 9: Carefully remove the tape and apply primer and foundation.  I was using Too Faced Born This Way Foundation in Ivory.  I can't get over how different my face looks in this picture vs. the picture in Step 8.  Gotta love the power of foundation!



Step 10: Apply correcting concealer and highlighting concealer.  I wanted my base to be flawless which is why I went a little overboard on products.



Step 11: Comb your brows into place and take a crimson pencil to fill them in to match the wig.

IMAGE1 IMAGE2

Step 12: Using an emerald green cream eyeshadow pencil, draw lines where you would typically contour.  I found blending the shade with a brush much easier than my fingers.



Step 13: To keep the look consistent, bring the green down anywhere else you want to contour.  As you can see, I focused on my neck and my collarbone.



Step 14: Powder errywhere.  We want this stuff to stay all night long, so setting everything is essential.



Step 15: Going back to the eyes, take the dark emerald green shade and blend it all along the lower lash line.



Step 16: Curl your lashes and put on some fluttery false lashes.  Even though I hate putting on lashes, the Demi Wispies by Ardell make my eyes look so sultry I couldn't resist.  Add mascara to blend the fake lashes with your natural lashes.




Step 17: Take the same crimson liner that was used on the brows and fill in the outer edges of the lips.



Step 18: Use a cherry red all over the lips.  Since this shade is lighter than the liner it will give the lips a nice gradient effect.



Step 19: Going back to the yellow/green shade use that as a highlight.  I put this on the tops of my cheeks and down the bridge of my nose.


And there you have it!  Here is your wonderfully toxic Poison Ivy!  Now, don't kiss too many people; you are poisonous after all.

Thank you all so much for reading and following along with this series.  I had so much fun coming up with all of the looks and pushing myself as an artist.  I hope you found some inspiration and have an amazing Halloween!

Until next time,

Rachel

No comments:

Post a Comment