Babbling Loon

Tuesday, October 20, 2015

Review: ipsy Glam Bag October 2015



Well, hello there!  At the end of last week I got a package I look forward to every month: my ipsy Glam Bag.  I talked about this beauty subscription service before and I am so happy I've continued the service.  It's a great way to be exposed to new products and brands no matter how familiar you are with makeup.  Read on to see what I got and what I think of the products this month!

One of my favorite things to sample is skincare.  High end skin care can really burn a hole in your wallet, so getting samples like these make me do a little happy dance.  This is marketed as an exfoliator, but I really hesitate to call it that.  It is shockingly gentle and is a lot smoother than most exfoliators I've used in the past.  This product does a great job of gently removing any dead skin I may have.  The full size is incredibly pricey, however, so I might stick to my drugstore products.

First of all, can we talk about how adorable the name is?  I feel like it should be a Disney character in Finding Dory, or something.  I have not tried this polish on, so I cannot attest to the wear time.  The color is great, just a tad darker than pictured on the website.  It's so moody and perfect and I wish I had worn it for my witch look!  You could definitely get away with applying one coat, making it a great polish to pick when you're in a pinch.  

This.  Smells.  So.  Good.  I really like that this is a sweet smelling product without being sickly sweet.  It absorbs into my hands pretty quickly and does not leave a greasy residue.  It's perfect purse size as well, making it easy for travelling.

These babies came at the perfect time.  I have no idea where my other tweezers went and my eyebrows were looking desperate.  Maybe some goblins needed to steal them to fix their eyebrows.  Anyway, there's not much to say about them.  They get the job done and are also great for putting on fake eyelashes.

This is definitely my favorite product of the bunch.  This nude pink shade is right up my alley for everyday wear.  It applies smoothly and lasts an incredibly long time.  Sometimes liquid lipsticks like these can dry my lips out, but this doesn't.  If you're worried about the drying effects, I would apply a moisturizing lip balm before applying this product.  The smell of this product is also wonderful.  It's a lovely vanilla mint scent that is noticeable but not too fragrant.


Do you have a subscription to ipsy or another beauty box service?  If you do, let me know what you got this month in the comments!

Until next time,

Rachel

No comments:

Post a Comment