Babbling Loon

Thursday, November 12, 2015

Purple with a Pop Tutorial





Well, hello there!  The past few days where I live have been so dreary.  It's cold, raining, gray, and all I want to do is stay at home. Unfortunately, life doesn't stop moving just because the weather is the antithesis of productivity.  


I have been gravitating towards matte eyeshadows recently, probably due to the dull weather.  However, I can never completely stay away from glitter and shimmery shadows.  Unlike most of my tutorials, this look wasn't planned.  I knew I wanted to pair mauve and rose gold, so I improvised until I got a look I liked.  If you want to know how to get this look, read on after the jump!




Step 1: Start with your normal base routine.  I used Too Faced Born This Way Foundation, Maybelline Age Rewind Conealor, and L'Oreal Magic Lumi Highlighter.  I powdered everything with my Coty Airspun Powder.


Step 2: Comb your brows with a spooly and fill them in as needed.  I'm very lazy with my brows, so I just follow the natural shape instead of creating a new one.



Step 3: I used my Lorac Pro Palette for most of the shadows.  I started with the shade Mauve and blended it all over the lid.  Don't worry about precision, we're just laying down the color.


Step 4: Blend the shade Taupe into the crease.  This is such a great transition color and it also helps warm up the look a little.



Step 5: I took a little bit of Sable just on the outer third of the eye.  Along with the crease shade, this helps give the eye a little more dimension.


Step 6: Taking the shade Cream (or any eyeshadow that is one or two shades lighter than your skin tone) blend that underneath of the brow as a highlight.  You can also use this shade to blend out any harsh edges that are left in the crease.



Step 7: Going back to Mauve, blend this out on the lower lash line.  Leave the inner third of the eye bare.



Step 8: Switching gears to the Urban Decay Naked 3 Palette, place Trick on the inner third of the eye.  This is by far my favorite shade in this palette.  I don't have anything like it and I love using it any time I can.


Step 9: Take either a black pencil liner or a black eyeshadow and line the outer part of the lash line.  Lining the outer portion puts the focus on the lashes and shadows rather than the liner.



Step 10: Take a volumizing mascara and coat the crap out of your lashes.  I used my trusty L'Oreal Voluminous Mascara.


Step 11: I felt like my face was a little flat, so I added some bronzer to create warmth and depth.


Step 12: Apply a mauve blush shade to the apples of the cheeks.  I used NARS Sin for this look.  Guys.  I need to talk about this blush for a second.  It's so prettyyyyy!  It's a great mauve shade with some gold shimmer running through it.  It applies like a dream and is perfect for this time of year.  Okay, I'm done, you can move on now.  



Step 13: Link your lips with a rosey pink lip liner and fill them in.


Step 14: Add a lipstick that is similar to the shade of the liner.  I was using a Pixi Shea Butter Lip Balm (Honey Nectar) because my lips really need the extra moisture.


Step 15: The Pixi lip balm darkened the lips a little too much for my liking, so I dabbed a lighter pink in the center of the lips.


Step 16: To give my face even more dimension I added MAC's Mineralized Skin Finish in Soft and Gentle.  Aaaand, you're finished!  I hope you all enjoyed this look!



Is there a look you've been wearing recently?  Let me know what it is and what products you use in the comments!

Until next time,

Rachel

No comments:

Post a Comment